802 George Street Sydney NSW 2000 Australia
T | 61 2 9212 5673 F | 61 2 9212 6391
E | firstname.lastname@example.org
Please select the thumbnails below to view a larger image.
|Magazine Capacity||5 Rounds|
Developed by the German Rifle Commission in response to the adoption of the Lebel Model 1886, the Gewehr 88, also known as the Commission rifle, was essentially a modified Mannlicher design. Adopted at a time of rapid firearms development, the Gewehr 88 was soon outdated, however, despite this it continued to be used by various countries as late as the Second World War.
Following the introduction of the 'S' Patrone (spitzer) bullet, many Gewehr 88 rifles were modified for this ammunition in 1905. This included the conversion of the stripper clip feed to a charger loaded magazine, by a modification of the magazine and the addition of a charger bridge.
Germany supplied large quantities of Gewehr 88/05 rifles to Turkey during the First World War. Many of these rifles were subsequently refurbished by Turkey during the 1930s.
This Gewehr 88/05 is in very good condition. The original polished receiver and bolt have minor areas of staining. The majority of the blueing remains although there are small areas of pitting. The barrel is worn and has minor pitting. The woodwork has minor dings and dents.