Respecting Your Privacy
We take our obligations under the Privacy Act, 1988 (Cth), including related legislation, and the Australian Privacy Principles seriously. We respect the right to privacy of our customers, suppliers, contractors, agents and understand the need to protect your personal information.
This policy sets out how we manage your personal information, the types of personal information we hold, for what purpose, and how that information is collected, used, stored and disclosed.
Collecting Your Personal Information
We collect your personal information directly and indirectly from you and, in some cases, from other people or organizations.
The personal information we collect and maintain generally comprises:
1. personal details required to identify you such as name, address, drivers licence, firearms licence, date of birth and place of birth information;
2. contact details including phone number, fax number and email address;
3. credit card, financial institution and cheque information;
4. business details such as company name, size and business type; and
5. unique identifiers such as user name, account number and password.
This personal information is collected for the purpose of our dealings with our customers, and marketing of our goods and services.
We do not collect information about a customer's racial or ethnic background, political views or persuasions, membership of any political, professional or trade association, trade union membership, religious belief or affiliation, philosophical belief, sexual preference or practice, criminal record or health information.
Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Information
Your personal information, as disclosed at the time of collection, is used by us for the primary purpose of supplying you with our goods and services. We may also use personal information collected for the purpose of marketing goods and services, training of our staff, and managing complaints or disputes. If you do not wish to receive direct marketing material, you may elect to "opt-out" by clicking on the link appearing on the marketing material or by notifying us by email at email@example.com or telephone on (02) 9212 5673.
Subject to the terms of this policy, we undertake not to use or disclose your personal information unless such use or disclosure is authorised by you or in accordance with this policy. Some examples of where such use or disclosure of your personal information would be authorised are:
1. as required or authorised by law;
2. as necessary to prevent a threat to life, health or safety;
3. as necessary to investigate suspected unlawful activity, to prevent or detect criminal activity or improper conduct;
4. as reasonably necessary for the preparation or conduct of court proceedings; or
5. where you have consented, either expressly or implicitly, to the disclosure of information.
Legislation under which we may be authorised or required to collect your personal information includes the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006, Personal Property Securities Act 2009, Corporations Act 2001, Australian Securities and Investments Commission Act 2001, Income Tax Assessment Act 1997, Income Tax Assessment Act 1936, Tax Administration Act 1953, A New Tax System (Goods and Services Tax) Act 1999, Autonomous Sanctions Act 2011 and associated regulations and rules. Your personal information may also be disclosed to or collected from:
1. customer, product, business and research organizations;
2. data partners, analytic consultants and data warehouses;
3. social media networks where people create, share or exchange information;
4. 4. publicly available sources;
5. clubs, associations, member loyalty or reward programmes;
6. third parties we have engaged to provide financial, accounting, administrative, advertising, marketing, internet communication, analytical and technology services. Whilst personal information may be provided to third parties to enable them to perform their tasks, such information remains the property of Lawrance Ordnance. By accepting the terms of this policy, you consent to the disclosure of your personal information by us in accordance with this policy.
Website Internet Tracking Technology & Security
Our website may offer publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these forums may be read, collected and used by others who access them. We will not be responsible for such use of your information.
We may use third parties whose operations, systems or databases are located outside Australia including in the United Kingdom and United States of America. Prior to disclosing personal information to an overseas third party, we will take reasonable steps to seek assurance that the recipient will not breach Australian Privacy Principles. Subject to Australian Privacy Principles, we will only disclose personal information to overseas third parties in accordance with this policy. You consent to such disclosure.
Personal Information Security
We keep personal information about our customers secure and take reasonable precautions to minimize the likelihood of loss, misuse or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure or alteration of such information.
Destruction of Personal Information
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that personal information about our customers is destroyed when it is no longer required.
Access to Your Personal Information
We will give you access to your personal information which we hold. Your right to access your personal information is subject to certain exceptions allowed by law. Your right to access your personal information may be affected by matters such as:
1. the information being commercially sensitive to Lawrance Ordnance or one of its agents;
2. access posing a threat to life or health of any individual;
3. access having an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
4. access being unlawful;
5. access prejudicing enforcement activities relating to criminal conduct or other breaches of law;
6. a frivolous or vexatious request by you or some other person on your behalf;
7. the existence of a legal dispute or potential legal dispute; and
8. denial of access being required or authorised by law.
If we deny you access to your personal information, we will provide an explanation for doing so. For most requests, your information will be provided free of charge, however, we may charge a fee to cover our reasonable costs of retrieving and supplying the information to you.
Storage of Your Personal Information
We store your personal information on our systems and with our agents. We have adopted appropriate steps to minimize the risk of loss, misuse, unauthorized access to, interference with, modification of or unauthorized disclosure of your personal information. Where personal information is no longer required appropriate steps are taken to destroy or de-identify that information. Whilst the utmost care is taken with your personal information, we cannot guarantee that personal information stored or transmitted using our systems will not be lost, misused, intercepted, interfered with, subject to unauthorized access or disclosure or otherwise secure.
Opt-Out in Respect of Marketing Materials
We acknowledge and respect our customers' choice to "opt-out" of our direct marketing communication. If you do not wish to receive direct marketing or other promotional material from us, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on (02) 9212 5673.and indicate the particular marketing or promotional material you do not wish to receive.
Obtaining More Information About Your Privacy Rights
More information about your privacy rights, the Privacy Act or the Australian Privacy Principles is available from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner s website at www.oaic.gov.au.
Resolving Your Privacy Concerns
If you have any questions our privacy practices or wish to make a complaint about how your personal information is managed, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by telephone on (02) 9212 5673. Any privacy complaint will be handled by us in accordance with this Policy. We will respond to complaints as soon as practicable.
Changes to this Policy
We reserve the right to make changes to this policy from time to time. Any changes to the policy will be published our website. We encourage you to periodically review this policy for the latest information on our privacy practices.
Contacting Lawrance Ordnance
To review and update your personal information or to obtain a copy of this policy, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on (02) 9212 5673. This policy may also be found on our website at www.lawranceordnance.com